KACIL Home Modifications Program was developed to standardize the delivery of home modification services by trained capable home modification specialists. We provide safe, accessible, and top quality home modifications to individuals with disabilities statewide.
The program has two elements with specific procedures as list below:
1. Home Modification Assessment
· informing individual receiving the home modification of their rights and responsibilities
· completing the initial assessment
· creating a bid specification utilized to secure uniform contractor bids
· awarding the bid
2. Home Modification Project
· managing the project by facilitating good communication between the individual with disabilities, the contractor and the Managed Care Organization
· inspecting the project by measuring accessibility, safety, and quality of construction
· obtaining final sign off signatures by individual with disabilities and contractor
· completing the final report and billing
We have downloads to help you.
Download 1: Manual
The KACIL Home Modification Program procedure manual includes all standardized procedures and forms; a complete listing of additional funding resources; Fair Housing requirements; and the educational requirements for KACIL Home Modification Specialists.
Download 2A: Assessments Folder A: Sunflower
Includes the necessary forms and communication pieces to complete the assessment portion of the Home Modification for a Sunflower Health Plan referral.
Download 2B: Assessment B: United
Includes the necessary forms and communication pieces to complete the assessment portion of the Home Modification for a United HealthCare referral.
Download 3: Project
Includes the member exit letter and the evaluation.
Download: Contractor – Kenny Contracting
Thank you for your participation in the Home Modification Program.